Sit in an upright position and close your eyes. Try to focus on your breath consciously.
1. Slowly exhale through your mouth. Slowly count to 4 while trying to get the whole air out of your lungs.
2. Slowly inhale through your mouth. Slowly count to 4 while trying to fill your lungs with fresh air.
3. Hold your breath for 4 seconds
4. Repeat the breathing cycle for another exercise 3x times
- (4sec) Inhale (4sec)
- Exhale (4sec)
- Hold your breath
5. One last time ... inhale, exhale, hold your breath.
Wonderful. You can open your eyes again
This warmup activity helps you to focus on your breathing intentionally and consciously. This technique is known as "box-breathing" and is applied by athletes and lung patients around the world to increase performance and concentration.